<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 15

This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires...
Exciting news. I've won myself through to the final qualifying stage for the UK Open II Poker Tournament in London in October!

Last year the event was won by snooker player Matthew Stevens, who walked away with a cheque for half a million dollars. Also in the competition last year were Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Yevgeny Kafelnikov, Neil Ruddock and the legend Phil 'The Power' Taylor. Plus a host of top poker stars.

Of course it's quite unlikely that I'll make it through - winning one qualifier is tough enough - two in a row will be even trickier. But the thought of meeting darts legend Phil 'The Power' Taylor is enough to spur me on to victory...

If I do win through, I get my $10,000 entry fee paid for me and a nice $2,500 spending money (I'll have to go to the Bureau de Change first of course, as I'll be in London, but that's a minor inconvenience).

Even more excitingly - the final event is televised:

"Only 108 lucky players will qualify for the exclusive event. They will be divided into 18 tables of six with the 18 table winners each receiving $10,000 and, more importantly, progressing to the semi-finals. They will then be divided into three tables of six, with the top two making it through to the final."
The final qualifier is on Sunday, so wish me luck...