<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 10

A phantastic night out (with my ghoulfriend)
I'm a bit off blogging at the moment, so forgive me for my absence...

At the weekend, Fincho and I went on a Nottingham Ghost Walk. It was pretty cool actually. Our guide Steve regaled us with spooky and grisly stories of Nottingham past and present. We learnt about how to kill somebody with a red hot poker and not be detected (always a good skill to have)...

Then we went down to the caves underneath the Salutation Inn pub, which is where things started to get a bit strange. An Australian backpacker who was in the group started to behave erratically. He then told the guide that he'd seen a ghost, a small Victorian child. He then sat in the corner shaking and gently rocking, clearly freaked out.

At first I thought he was a plant, but as time wore on I became convinced he wasn't and merely had an overactive imagination. I think he'd been watching too much Most Haunted...

I found the ghost thing pretty lame, but enjoyed the history...