<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 22

Minor indie band start blog
So, do you remember My Vitriol?
- Third rate indie band from a few years back.
- Lots of whiny songs.
- Released an album and had some moderately high festival slots on the smaller stages.
- Singer chewed his sleeves a lot.

Still stumped?
Well fear not and control your excitement because they've started their own blog.

To me though, the whole blog has a whiff of PR and marketing about it. I mean, check out the blog description at the top

'Check in with My Vitriol in their London studio, as they track the eagerly anticipated follow up to their critically acclaimed debut album "Finelines".' Who speaks like that apart from someone in the PR business, hmmm, hmmm??? Have we uncovered a new and sinister phenomenon in the music business, blogs been used as PR machines....

You can hear clips of the forthcoming album recorded on a mobile phone for the special 'in the studio' quality.

I don't know if any of you (apart from Katy) know who My Vitriol actually are - but I quite liked their album and saw them in concert doing support slots twice - both times they were excruciatingly bad, tuning up for minutes after EVERY song and having seemingly no regard for the audience. Maybe I caught them on a bad night - TWICE!

Next week: An ex-member of Menswear starts a blog.