<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 28

Something fishy going on...
Tuesday night saw musical history at the very first A Different Kettle of Fish (Catalogue number Fish1). If you were there, then be content in the knowledge that in ten or twenty years time it will be mentioned in the same breath as the Sex Pistols at the Manchester Lesser Free Trade Hall, Carina Round at the Flapper and Firkin and Joe Pasquale at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall. If you weren't there then you missed out...but hey at least you can come to the next one and be almost as cool...

I was quite strange actually as at one point I was having a drink and chatting to some friends and enjoying the music - thanking, yeah this a really good night. Then I stopped and thought, wait a minute - I ORGANISED IT! It's also cool when people come up to you and say things like 'i'm really digging this record, who is it by?' or 'wow, you're not as bad a DJ as I thought you would be!'

I do have a new respect for DJ's now though - it is quite difficult...Especially if you play punky songs that only last for about 2 minutes! Before I began my set the master...AKA Rich...AKA Ideosphere gave me a few tips told me what the buttons did. He then asked me something on the lines of 'Do you want know how to do a Beatmatch', which I foolishly replied 'No thanks, I gave up doing drugs years ago'...

Dean did his job as marketing manager with his usual style and put posters on a moving bus, a lorry, some roadworks signs and a cashpoint...

Anyway...we're looking at perhaps booking a certain ex Britpop singer for a hush hush secret gig...so we'll see what happens with that...

So much stuff has happened lately, including a trip to Alton Towers and securing a wildcard entry to one of Britain's top sporting events. A full update will follow shortly, but in the meantime I might just put some photos up.