<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 1

Being Birmingham's answer to Tony Wilson is more difficult than it looks.... A Different Kettle of Fish is all booked up for the 24th of August (see you there kids)...now there is just the job of making posters and flyers - the job of designing I have entrusted...perhaps foolishly... to my sister... and I have stolen a picture of some fish in a kettle from a small American child...

Then you've got to keep the acts happy...Hopefully we'll be going to check out the equipment at the venue this week, but mysterious French DJ Phillipe Bergeroo is being very demanding with what he wants on his rider ;-)

I've got this grand vision to start putting bands on somewhere...but I need to find some cool bands and a decent venue first...maybe Dave could be my Vini Reilly...who knows, but I still need to find my Ian Cutris.

I'd love to get MC Lars to come and play in Birmingham on his next tour...he really is the coolest Californian rapper i've ever met! Interviewing him in Katy's car last weekend, I discovered that he is obsessed with Coventry and has even written a song about the place - very strange indeed...hopefully i'll have finished editing the interview in the next few days...there's just the small matter of a job to apply for first...