<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 15

Classic Word Documents
Clearing out my computer I have found some 'Classic Word Documents' - surely a contender for a new satellite TV show on the Microsoft Channel....

Phill's Poundstretcher resignation letter August 2000

Poundstretcher
One Stop Shopping Centre
Perry Barr
Birmingham

Dear Garry,

This letter is to confirm to you that after the 17th of September, I shall no longer be able to work at Poundstretcher. This is because I will be returning to study at Keele University.

I have enjoyed working for the company and would like to return to work over the Christmas period should there be any vacancies.

Yours Sincerely,
Phill Huxley

And who could forget the classic Asda job application of 1999

Ms L Lawton
Asda Stores Ltd
6 Old Horns Crescent
Off Queslett Road
Great Barr
Birmingham
B43 7HA

17th October 1999

Dear Ms Lawton,

Following my group interview in June and your subsequent letter dated the 3rd of July, I understand that you are requiring extra temporary staff for the Christmas period.

I have just returned to Keele University for my second year of study and I am looking for work during the Christmas period.

I return home most weekends, and would be available to work Saturday mornings or evenings, Sunday and alternative Monday’s. This is up until the Christmas vacation, when I will be home for at least four weeks, and would be available to work other days as required.

I am a reliable person and if given the opportunity to work for Asda I would not let you down.

Yours sincerely,
Phill Huxley

After being rejected in 99, there was then the speculative Asda job application of 2000 (as featured on the TV series 'How not to get a job') - note the use of yours faithfully this time...potentially important I obviously felt.

3 November 2000

The Personnel Manager
Asda Stores Ltd
6 Old Horns Crescent
Off Queslett Road
Great Barr
Birmingham
B43 7HA

Dear Sir,

Re: Christmas Vacancies

I understand from your customer services that you are recruiting temporary Christmas staff.

I am currently in my third year at Keele University, and I am looking for work during the Christmas period.

Please find enclosed a completed application form.

I can be contacted at the above address and telephone numbers, or at my email address.

Yours faithfully,
Phil Huxley
Email address: philhux@hotmail.com
----
Is this going to make brilliant TV? I think so!