<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19

15 July 1956 - 18 May 1980

Reports are circulating at the Cannes Film Festival that there are plans afoot to make a movie of Ian Curtis's life - From the BBC - the quotes from the London Records guy are a load of bollocks!

It says on this article that Moby is the musical director which may seem strange, but he did do a blinding cover of 'New Dawn Fades' a while back. As for the film I guess it depends how they decide to play it - though it will probably be a deadly serious homage. Sean Harris did a great job in 24 Hour Party People, but I think he needs to work on his jerky dancing a little I feel. My friend who is an even huger JD fan than me is highly opposed to plans for this movie...Personally I think we should just see how it goes. I thought 24 hour party people was going to be shocking, but it turned out to be a great movie...so you never know...

He died three months before I was born, but he's still my favourite singer of all time - a voice and a charisma unmatched ever since....