<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20

MP3 Blogs

I've become increasingly drawn to these sites since I got my lovely MP3 player

I have been looking at Large Hearted Boy for quite a while now, but it really does keep delivering the goods, with its almost daily eclectic selection of (mostly legal) MP3's to download. A couple of recent amazing discoveries from LHB are:

A bootleg of Nirvana's first ever show - Of course the sound quality is appalling - but what a find!

For the discerning fan of the bequiffed one there are four unreleased Morrissey tracks
He's back and he's mates with the NME now.... Last weeks interview was funny, but does anyone actually read the NME anymore?

Other MP3 Blogs:

Teaching the indie kids to dance again is definitely the coolest MP3 blog I've yet found. Recently it has included the mighty chk chk chk(!!!) and the brilliant Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. It has also introduced me to the marvelousness of Gogol Bordello - "Psychopathic Ukrainian Gypsy immigrant folk punk rock" - I couldn't have put it better myself.

It seems that two of the first MP3 blogs were Said the gramophone and Fluxblog and they are still delivering the goods.

The tofu hut is pretty cool as is Gabba / pod and music (for robots)

And if you want to hear Vincent Gallo singing Moon River with backing from PJ Harvey, Jim O'Rourke, Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth and RHCP Guitarist John Frusciante at The Royal Festival Hall - Then KingBlind is the place to go