<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 16

Last night I bizarrely went out for a drink with the most anti-pub man in the world, Paul. And even more strangely, we also met our blogging MP, Tom Watson.

Tom bought me a few pints, which was nice "You're a student and I'm an MP, so I'm sure a can stand you a pint" he said "And besides, I voted yes in the tuition fees ballot" he added with a cheeky grin. I should have asked him for a packet of Dry Roasted to go with it - for the Iraq War!

But seriously, excuse my barbed cynicism, he does seem like an honest hardworking MP, who cares about his constituents - and he's dedicated to his blog too.....

I also met a really interesting guy from the pUBLIC which is an amazing project - and all the builders wear pink hard hats too, in a curious village people-esque style...

After several persistent and very original attempts to get me to join the local Labour party I can report that I left the Wheatsheaf last night still unafilliated with any political party - but with an enhanced knowledge of rock climbing, arts funding and running a pub...