<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 7

The Great Tea debate

Is it milk first then tea - or is it tea first then milk?

George Orwell has his own opinion:
"...one should pour tea into the cup first. This is one of the most controversial points of all; indeed in every family in Britain there are probably two schools of thought on the subject. The milk-first school can bring forward some fairly strong arguments, but I maintain that my own argument is unanswerable. This is that, by putting the tea in first and stirring as one pours, one can exactly regulate the amount of milk whereas one is liable to put in too much milk if one does it the other way round.'
[Via Link Machine go]

Personally i'm from the tea first milk second school of thought, mainly because I often actually forget that I don't have any milk in the fridge and have to steal some from my alcoholic elf of a housemate.